Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Which AddOns to start out with

So the day came when I had installed WOW, BC (Burning Crusade) and WOTLK (Wratch of the Lich King) and all the needed patches when I came to the sudden realisation that I needed to get myself some addons for WOW.

Now I could remember these from my previous WOW install where a friend made me copy his entire interface folder but back then I didnt really know what to take and what I even had.

Forward to today, when things are easier.

Visiting a site called www.curse.com I found they have a slick interface and a client which can be installed on either PC or Mac aptly named the "Curse Client".

Now what this tool does is watch your wow addons for you and allow easy updating and installation of addons. Works 99% of the time, but some addons are not complaint and thus needs a manual install and set up in game.

After installing curse client and researching quite a few sites for addon and interface info I found that the following were the addons I wanted and needed (keep in mind, this list will be updated/changed from time to time).

These addons I selected as I was leveling and making money thus didnt need raid addons etc.

First off:
This is an essential mod should you want to rule (maybe) the Auction House(AH) as it scans all items on the AH and works out what the prices are and how to undercut them. It does a lot more than that but take my word for it, you need this.

Awesome little tool, displays a toolbar at the top with info on it i.e. How much gold you got, armor condition, where you are etc etc and can be further modified to house more info and better info regarding your character.

Carbonite (not available form Curse)
Carbonite jusst became FREE!!!
This is a awesome addon (which I have been waiting for and installing tonight) which... wait ill lets the salees talk do the work:
  • Map - The Carbonite map gives you all the information you need in one easy to use and flexible Google like map. Move, size or zoom it the way you like. Map Features
  • Quest - Blaze through quests at lightning speed and level faster than you ever thought possible. Our extensive quest database lists the location of quest givers, objectives and turn-ins. Simply click any objective from your quest list and Carbonite will show you where to go. No more wasted time bouncing back and forth between a web browser and the game. Quest Features
  • Guide/Hud - The guide is your in-game GPS - it contains the location of every mailbox, trainer, flight master, repair vendor, instance, battle master, etc... if it's in the game it's in the guide. Just click the icon and the HUD navigation arrow will show you the direction, distance and ETA to your target. You can also use it to locate your friends or guild members in a battleground. Guide Features
...to name a few.

These are essentially more of the same and I think (ill have to double check) I have both installed on my system.
QuestHelper tells you how to finish your quests in the easiest, fastest manner.
AtlasLoot Enhanced is an UI mod allowing for loot tables of bosses to be browsed whenever needed within the game. It can access full item tooltips, show drop rates, allow items to be chat linked and to use the dressing room.

EBB provides groups of statusbar style indicators to show (de)buffs currently affecting your toon or some other units (currently focus, pet and target). For the player, it can also show indicators for temporary enchants place on it's weapons.
You essentially use this to track how long your buffs i.e. Scroll of Intelligence still have to go before expiring and also to track DeBuffs like  poison etc.

I will post more detail on the various addons as I go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Super Blog Directory