Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Pet Farming

Sitting thinking about achievements on Sunday evening after the Egg hunt I found I wanted to get the easy ones first so the vanity pet achievement came to mind...
Trawling Google and finding the whereabouts of various pet vendors and names of more rare pets I decided to do some investigating on my local AH to see the prices and what I could find. Needless to say I got the 15 pet achievment without spending too much hard earned gold.
But then something happened and a little pet friendly thought came to mind... auctioneer told me these (some 40S and some 1G) pets sell for good-excellent mark ups.

I went shopping.

First off I put some thought into my sales plan and decided I would do some cheap travelling to make sure I had the right pets for the right markets.
  1. Snowshoe Rabbit, bought for 40S at some little girl outside IronForge they sell like hotcakes on the Bootybay (neutral) AH for 1.5-2 Gold, a profit of 1.1-1.6G per item.
  2. Ancona Chicken: bought for 1G at the Saltlake Racerack in Thousand Needles they sell well on the Alliance AH for approx 3.5-4G, a profit of 2.5-3G per unit.
  3. Cats... good sellers on Neutral AH, but too many people list them so prices are not worth the competition EXCEPT for one Cat (White Kitten) which is a semi rare spawn with a little boy in Stormwind (he spawns randomly approx every 3 hours) but you sometimes need to fight to even get close as other people also "Kitty" camp and seeing as he only has 1 unit from spawn to despawn, you have to be first. This I waited 2 hours for, camping and levelling fishing at his spawn point but sold it for 45G and its been known to go up to 200+ G per unit. Buy for 15SILVER sell for 45-200G, thats a 323123283787443 % markup!

2 comments:

  1. i just noticed theres a couple parrots you can buy in bootie bay for cheap from a pirate supply vendor - and they sell pretty well on my server too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jim

    I have tried that but there are so many people who jump on the bandwagon, selling Parrots and undercutting you that the trips really become a waste of time for a very small profit.

    If no one else has caught on then go for it as you can make 50S-2G per parrot easy.

    ReplyDelete

 
Super Blog Directory