Wednesday, May 20, 2009

So it has started

Hello All and welcome to my new challenge.

Long story short, I need to make in the region of 700-1000G before I hit level 60 and im already on level 56.
Now keep in mind that my aim is to do this without stalling i.e. Farming for ore hours on end or running low level dungeons (without a request from guild member to boost) for twink items etc.

This is to show that making money can be done whilst constantly concentrating on playing WOW and experiencing new places and instances.

The lowdown:
Went to eastern plaguelands last night and quested a bit running into some problems with multiple mobs and getting my arse handed to me.
I was then joined by my guild mates and ran Scholomace to get the achievement and maybe score some good gear for resale/equip.
Got some good new gear for myself such as : Wand of Biting Cold and Councillor's Circlet.

Also picked up some random drops from mobs which I then listed on the AH before it went down for maintanance.

Started off with a almost full bag and a almost full bank and 128G.
Spent a bit of that on training and mats for a quest and ended up with about 60G before going to instance.
Listed quite a few items and used the info from my research to make a good profit.

Listed stacks of 5 units of Mithril Ore on ah for 5.79.79 and they all sold.
Also listed some Steel ore which I made a profit of about 1.5-2G per stack on as I had bought Iron Bars from TRADE earlier for 8G and made the steel bars and listed for 11.79.79 and they all sold as well.

Still a few things on AH such as the prairie dog whilstle I picked up from Neutral AH for 3 and relisted for 8G on Alliance AH.

I could not see my profit or anything this morning as the servers were still offline, so you will have to wait for an update tomorrow morning to see if im heading in the right direction.

Just an update on my banker:
He is doing fine with 100+ auctions on AH with 50+ % of those being the herbs etc which I bought at the darkmoon Faire.
Pets are going slowly but epic recipes are selling like hotcakes.

Still believe my server's market is ruined as I cant even sell a White Kitten for 20G in AH.
Dont know whats going on as non essential things like pets have dropped in price and essentials have sky rocketed i.e Eternals, Mats (i.e Wool Cloth).

Now is actually the time to farm mats and sell for huge profits before the market drops again.
I will however be looking into buying up some of these really cheap pets and armor sets with the hope that they will increase in price asap.

Also started noting that Bear Flank is rediculously expensive as its the only orange meat (recipe) at skill level 250+ and thus sells quite well and for a great markup.
I know this because I have been buying some to level my cooking on my main.
Think I will be going to Winterspring to farm bear flank as it adheres to my rules for my challenge as I will be levelling and not jsut farming.

Finishing Scholomace

2 comments:

  1. I perused your last entry which states that you need to hit 700-1000g before level 60 and you're currently level 56. I assume this is in aid of making money without having to slow down your levelling?

    Last night, I hit 50 on my shaman (/played time 5 days, 6 hours), and coincidently also hit 1000g. Here's how I got there:

    - [Create a banking/AH alt] Doesn't slow your levelling, as you just mail auctionable items to your alt when you do quest hand-ins (usually they're close to a mailbox).

    - [Buy 4 x Imbued Netherweave Bags] They will cost you approximately 160g but you earn that back very quickly. The bag space allows you to collect and vendor all the trash that drops off mobs, without having to run back to base often. 88 bag slots means I never have to destroy "valuable trash" in order to make space.

    - [Befriend an enchanter] Enchanting mats sell way quicker and easier than the item itself, sometimes the disenchanting value exceeds that of the actual item.

    - [Start with gathering tradeskills] I chose Mining and Skinning and used them till level 20, mailing all the mats to my banking alt who then auctioned it off. At level 20, I switched to Leatherworking (because of my armour profiency as a shaman, I don't ever have to buy armour) and while skilling that up I sent the remaining greens to my enchanter friend, and auctioned the mats off.

    - [Use the least amount of mats] when skilling up your chosen profession, then auction the left-overs. I usually have tonnes of leftover hides from skinning which fetch a pretty penny on the AH.

    - [Don't purchase unnecessary spells or skills] For eg. train according to your spec, don't purchase spells you don't think you'll use, buy them when you find a use for them. The same goes for tradeskills, I only purchase the skills that yield skillpoints for the least mats, or when I need something for my character. This may seem trivial, but it can definitely save you cash.

    ... and last but not least ...

    - [Don't spend] I haven't bought a single thing off the AH, except for those goddamned Green Hills of Stranglethorn pages, which netted me sonething like 11'000 xp and the *spit*achievement*spit* for a measly 8g. Money well-spent in my opinion

    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Flea: Thanx for the comment.
    If you read some of my older posts you will see how I reached 1000G before level 40+- with some of the rules you have stated here.

    Im not using the disenchant as much as I should because the time is not worth it currently.

    You see I have my main mage (56), Shaman (19) and my two bankers (one main and one backup when the main is at the darkmoon faire).

    I didnt spend a cent on my main till about 45 where I started buying equipment which I just couldnt pass up i.e. my staff and trinkets.

    Have a look at http://coiningwow.blogspot.com/2009/05/what-ive-done-since-level-1.html
    to see what I had accomplished by the time I hit level 40ish.

    And to answer your question:
    I need to make this money by level 60 without slowing my current play style but still listening to my better half on when I can play and when not (just had baby in real life).

    Just for informations sake (for new readers):
    My bankers have about 800G+ between them and about 1000+G worth of items on the AH with full banks with herbs, ores and various sellable items.

    I just dont want to use the bankers gold as I use that normally to buy more storage space i.e. Guild Bank tab which will now cost 500G as I have bought the previous two.

    Thanx again for the post. Have a read through the older stuff as its only about a month old and thus might house a plethora of info for someone of your level.

    ReplyDelete

 
Super Blog Directory