Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Helping a good cause + making money (not for the cause though :))

Ola peeps, sorry for the lack of updates, but this is my realax week with the family so Im not playing half as much as I normally do.
Just something to keep you busy.
I found a FREE levelling guide that has the right ideas and the fact that the author is notcharging for the opportunity  means that I will support him as much as possible.

I for one might not use his guide as I normally like taking my time levelling and exploring but for those of you wanting to get to level 80 QUICK, then i think this will help a lot.


UPDATE:
Been using 250+G on my main to level Tailoring so she does not have much money now.
Took banker though and bought another guild bank tab 2 days ago for 500G, thus leaving him with approx 450G in bags, 400+G on AH and about 200-400G in stock (in bank and bags)

But struck a bit of good luck though and this will be my tip for the week.
Never think that all people use auctioneer as THEY DONT!

People easily undervalue or overvalue items.

Example:
I bought this gun: Don Santos' Famous Hunting Rifle on AH for 320G on sunday morning as Auctioneer was telling me its worth 1600G+, but in my haste I forgot to look at the amount of times it has been seen on the AH (in my case I saw it was two times).

This means that Auctioneer could have seen way overpriced prices for this item and thus mislead me on this and some other occasions.

Trying to sell this the entire Sunday evening, I thought I'd try trade whilst sticking this on the AH for 670G. In trade I advertised for 500, no hits, tried 450G still with no luck.

Thus i was sitting and actively advertising this in TRADE for close to 30-45 minutes to no avail, even dropping the price to 450G and thinking about dropping the price even more.

To my surprise, just as I was to once again drop the TRADE price, I got a message telling me its sold in the AH.
.....

Needless to say I made a 350G profit on this item in less than a day and was back to 1000G+ on my banker even after buying mats and the guild bank tab.

So the tip is in short:
When buying always remember to actually look at how many times a item has been seen on the AH as many times equals a accurate price and few does not necceseraly.
With this said also remember that there might be people who dont check this and buys on impulse.

"A purple, rare item for 20-30% of its value? Damn i had better snatch this up now before its gets spotted"
I have had these moments and think most of you have had it as well.

Thus most people who dont have auctioneer wont see the average price and some with auctioneer actually see it as a bargain.
Remember to add this to your library of variables and you could make tons of cash.

From my experiences:
  • Think that people have auctioneer and thus can spot a bargain
  • Think people have auctioneer and have not scanned enough to get a realistic price thinking expensive items are actually bargains
  • Think people dont have auctioneer and thus list items just to make bag space
  • Use trade for lazy people. Going to AH means 1000's of players lagging your connection, meaning some people dont like to go to the AH in main cities, thus when they see something nice in TRADE they will generally buy it at a higher price.
If you got anything to add, then please leave a comment.
I know this isnt a perfect post, but Ive just ranted a bit.

1 comment:

 
Super Blog Directory